What’s Your Plan?
Home ownership is a dream, and for some it seems like that dream might never come true, but armed with the right information, and the right plan, you can make it happen. At FamilyLending.ca our team of experts can assist you with information on market conditions, mortgage types, and can go to work to make sure you get the best deal with a lender that is right for you. Read on for some helpful first time home buyer tips and an informative first time home buyer checklist.
First Time Home Buyer Checklist
- Find out what you can afford
- Determine what your budget is before you do anything else. You shouldn’t even begin viewing homes until you know exactly how much you can afford. Start your Income Verified Pre-Approval Now!
- Review your credit scores
- Your credit score will be a big factor when a lender decides how much money they will be willing to loan. A credit score above the 680 mark will qualify first time home buyers for a lower interest rate. Of course not everyone has perfect credit, but that doesn’t mean you won’t qualify for a mortgage. At FamilyLending.ca our mortgage brokers will go to work for you, using their surveying their network of lenders,and will match you with the best deal possible.
- Get a mortgage pre-approval Pre-approval will streamline the mortgage process. This will involved income verification and will put you on firm ground as you begin your journey toward home ownership. Start the mortgage pre-approval process today with FamilyLending.ca’s no cost, no obligation pre-approval application.
- Choose the right mortgage for you
- From fixed to variable, Home Equity (HELOC) or a reverse, you will need to decide what type of mortgage is best for you once you find your new home. FamilyLending.ca can help you make an informed decision.
- Find the Right Realtor
- Choosing the right realtor is one of the keys to finding the best deal on the right home for you and your family. A good realtor understands that buying a home is an emotional experience for people. You need to find a realtor with a solid track record, with the right connections, that you feel comfortable with, and one that you know you can trust.
- Complete the paperwork Make sure the paperwork is completed properly. This includes finding a good lawyer who can help you finalize everything. Purchasing a home is the biggest investment you will make in your lifetime. You need to be sure everything is handled properly and that no mistakes are made. Your mortgage broker can also assist in part of this process.
- Protect your family
- It’s a common oversight, but Life Insurance on your mortgage is something every home buyer needs to consider. It provides protection for you family. Life insurance premiums can often be included as part of your mortgage, making it convenient, and affordable
For more first time home buyer tips and advice, call toll-free 1-866-941-6678 and ask to speak to a professional at FamilyLending.ca. More first time home buyer tips are also posted to the FamilyLending.ca resource library.